As I get older, I find myself gravitating back to the same styles and silhouettes. I’ll always love fashion trends, but I’m developing some go-to looks and choosing to invest there instead. I’ll still branch out for events or a night out, but my everyday uniform is becoming more predictable. I’m starting this “Uniform” series to share with you the cuts and styles that I keep coming back to in my closet.
Are you as ready to embrace the comfort of fall as I am? If so, these soft pullover knits will keep you warm and cozy all season. I’m choosing solid neutrals with that perfect, effortless drape and slight oversize cut. Since I’m in Dallas, I love all the short-sleeve options I am seeing this year. These sweaters look great with your trusty skinny pants, whether it’s denim, cords or a bold leather legging!
- Darcia cashmere sweater from Club Monaco, $349
- Walley short sleeve sweater from Marc by Marc Jacobs, $358
- Boyfriend sweater from Gap, $59.95
- Cecile cashmere v-neck sweater from Equipment, $278
- Alpaca oversized sweater from Cuyana, $160
- Rowhouse sweater from Madewell, $59.99 on final sale
Now onto shoes. My new life as a mom has sent all my heels to the back of the closet. Heartbreaking, I know. This fall, my casual-dressy shoe option is a leather or suede flat bootie. They look great with those skinny pants, but also match up well with a flowy dress or skirt.
- Hoxton boot from Joie, $380
- Petty boot from Sam Edelman, $129.95
- Milan boot from Matisse, $129
- Horrigan boot from H by Hudson, $285
- Arrow bootie from Matt Bernson, $319
- Salem boot from MICHAEL Michael Kors, $198
And because a solid sweater, jeans and casual boots can get a little boring, I’m kicking it up with some long necklaces. I always love a good tassel, but any modern metal pendant will do for me. Here are some of my favs: