My official due date is one month from today! Which means my daughter will be here before we know it. As I put together this post, I just can’t help but get giddy about playing with her with all of these fun toys! I’ve really enjoyed compiling this Baby Registry Guide series and these last two installments are definitely my favorite. Today, I am sharing my favorite modern toys for babies and next I’ll be putting together a list of newborn and infant must-have clothing and accessories. I hope you enjoy!
01. Swing. When it came to research for swings and baby bouncers, my list was short. I have been in love with 4mom’s mamaRoo since I first saw it at one of my friend’s houses. Not only is it multi-functional, but it’s also super chic. I honestly don’t mind it sitting out in my living room! 4moms mamaRoo, $240 (also check out their new, rockaRoo, $160, available January 2014.)
02. Teethers. Of course babies love to chew on things, especially once their little teeth start coming in. It’s probably a good idea to have a few of these for different places around the house, your diaper bag, etc. There are a ton of great organic and wood options that I love, but Sophie the Giraffe is an absolutely must-have. I also love Lazare the Cat, from the same company, Vulli. Comotomo Silicone Baby Teether on Amazon, $7, Green Sprouts Natural Wooden Ring Rattle, $15, Sophie the Giraffe on Amazon, $22.
03. Play Gym. A play gym is a great infant must-have toy and there are a ton of options out there. Some are cuter than others, but I just love this wooden option from Plan Toys. Pair it with any old blanket or quilt. Plan Toys Baby Activity Set at AllModern, $63.
More Cute Play Gym Options: Skip Hop Giraffe Safari Activity Gym Toy on Amazon, $64; Hape My First Gym on Amazon, $54; Plush Activity Play Mat at Giggle, $150; Farmyard Activity Gym from Pottery Barn Kids, $69.
04. Stuffed Animals. Kids seem to acquire a lot of stuffed animals, so don’t be surprised if you start getting these for gifts. If there are some specific ones you absolutely love, feel free to add them to your registry. Blabla Knit Dolls, $44-56.
05. Rattles. Similar to teethers, these are great toys to hand over to baby in the car, stroller orat home while playing in a bouncer. There are a ton of options, but here some of my modern favorites. Wonderworld Hexi Play Toy at AllModern, $17, Apple Park Organic Farm Buddies Rattle on Amazon, $14; Manhattan Toy Natural Skwish Rattle on Amazon, $13 (also available in color).
06. Exersaucer. Or Walker. Or Ride-on Toys. Okay, I am seriously considering going into the toy design business for the role purpose of creating an attractive, functional and fun baby exersaucer. Have you seen these things?! They’re a big ‘ole mess of plastic cheapness. I did come across this amazing (and sadly expensive) wooden play centre from a Canadian company, Three Pears. I love how simple the design is and that out easily converts from an infant play centre, to a toddler activity table (with chalkboard), to a sleek kid’s table. Unfortunately the Bobbin is not yet available in the States, although they’re working on it! Three Pears Bobbin Triple Play Centre, $549 CAD.
07. Bath Toys. Don’t forget bath time! Aside from the traditional rubber duck, there are some really fun, modern toys that will making the bathing experience a special time. Kid O Whale Bath Toy at Target, $13; Green Toys Stacking Cups on Amazon, $10.
08. Classic Toys. You’ll also want some of those classic baby toys – think of the abc blocks, push & pull animals, stacking rings and musical xylophones that we all grow up with. Personally, I favor traditional wooden toys and am very thankful for some great companies out there that are designing such well-made and attractive options. Wonderworld Wonder ABC Blocks at AllModern, $25; Wonderworld Stacking Rings at AllModern, $18 (similar from Melissa & Doug); Hape Walk-A-Long Croc on Amazon, $22.
09. Activity Center. Once she’s a little older, I love the idea of our daughter having this awesome activity center. Seriously, I think this thing is the coolest ever! Maxim EverEarth Garden Activity Cube on Amazon, $71.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER BABY REGISTRY GIFT GUIDES::